My Fantastic Followers:)

Friday, March 25, 2011

TIM HOLTZ ALTERATIONS...PAPER ROSETTES and A FAIRY

HI EVERYONE
Here's another great craft buy, the Tim Holtz Paper Rosettes Die,  I picked up last week at SCRAPPER'S WAREHOUSE 
(my absolute favourite store..hi guys if you're watching)!
It's the latest gadget in flower making, well they are actually rosettes. 
I know they have been around for a little while but here in Australia we seem to get things later than most..
Anyway here are just some of the different patterned papers, I chose, to make them...
 I loved how they turned out, they are so pretty... However, the die comes with perforations, and I found if you use thin paper it tears really easy, so it's best to use the thicker type of patterned paper/or plain paper.
And making the rosettes, I only needed to use these 3 materials, apart from the glue gun..
Memories Mist - Iridescent ( to give a shimmer)
Cre8tiv patterned papers (bought this at K Mart 'round Xmas)
And the Tim Holtz Flower Rosette Die.
Now I just need to embellish these cuties...
Suggestions, anyone??
Thanks Annmaree!!


Before I go I just have to show you this adorable little fairy on a keyring,  I bought in Collingwood au,
a few weeks ago...It's a  Fairy made out of pewter and it measures about 1.75" or 4cm in length.. I plan to use it on a mini album, I'll  be making later down the track..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh love em, I got this die a few weeks ago myself, just haven't put it on a project yet.

For embellishing the tops I would suggest buttons, bottlecaps, big brads, big bling.

You can even layer the rosettes, (just cut one in half down the length and put the thinner one on top of the normal size one, but can be bulky.)
I find gluedots work well to adhere them too btw.

Can wait to see what you decorate with them!!!!

Lynn said...

Thanks Annmaree for the great tips! I just happen to have a bag of bottle tops waiting to be used! I can't wait to see what I make too! (lol)

Hlora said...

Very beautiful Fairy! I love Fairies so much! )))