My Fantastic Followers:)

Saturday, April 2, 2011

EXPERIMENTING WITH DIFFERENT MEDIUMS

HI EVERYONE
I just wanted to show you some  of the things I did this morning using various mediums and techniques. Here's what I used (sorry forgot to add the crackle medium)
A: PIPE DREAM INK - EMBOSSING ENAMEL
I bought this yesterday at Scrapper's Warehouse and I must say it is brilliant stuff. I have tried a few other's such as Judikins Amazing Glaze and one I have forgotten and they are good but this is better.
Here's a link directly into the site so check them out
B: PIPE DREAM INK - OPALETTES
I bought these as well and you get a choice of different shades and the colours are breathtaking, so vibrant and rich. I chose the cool colours of blues and greens.
AND THESE ARE MADE IN TASMANIA by some talented ladies.
C: JO SONYA - WHITE GESSO
I used to use Gesso a lot when I was painting but now I have discovered other uses for it. It's great if you want to use it for that vintage look.
D: ASSORTED ACRYLIC PAINTS
I have masses of acrylic paints that I have had for years, and I mean that literally. Some I have had for almost 20 years and they are still going strong..
NOW FOR THE FUN BIT, HERE'S WHAT I MADE...
1. I used a flower cut out from Tim Holtz Grunge Paper, then painted the background with Gesso. Then added 2 coats of black acrylic, pressed it into Versa mark ink and the embossing enamel and used the heat gun. I did this 3 more times and the last coating I added a sprinkle of  the green and the blue OPALETTES. Then set to dry.
Mind you this is my first attempt of using these products so I guess practice makes you a little better:)
USE THIS TECHNIQUE TO MAKE STUNNING OPAL LETTERING ON CHIPBOARD
OR OPAL BUTTONS/EMBELLISHMENTS
2. Now on to the 2nd one I made using gesso on the background. Then I applied brown acrylic paint, added Helmar crackle medium, then added white acrylic paint..I heated each of the layers before I moved on. I sponged the inner with blue distressed ink and brown on the edges. It should have crackled a little better but I may not have applied enough of the crackle medium.
USE THIS TECHNIQUE FOR CHIPBOARD CUT OUTS AND TO GIVE AN AGED APPEARANCE
3. This one has to be my favourite because it had the appearance of a mushroom top. 
For this I used Gesso on the background, then painted it with brown acrylic paint, then use gesso for the final coat. I heat set it and love the texture it produced.. 
USE THIS TECHNIQUE FOR FAIRY MUSHROOMS 
Guess who's going to make mushrooms now!!  
 Well I hope you enjoyed PRODUCT REVIEW.
I plan to to do a review once a week on different products I have or will buy, just to keep you informed.
huggs xxxx Lynn 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow very cool techniques and products, really neat to see, can't see what else you do with them!

Thanks for Sharing!

Gale said...

Looks like you had fun today. thanks for sharing the new techniques with us.

:)