My Fantastic Followers:)

Saturday, March 6, 2010

You Have to Go To A Craft Show at least once in your Life...

If you have never been to a craft show you really do have to go sometime because there is so much to do and so much to see...They have make and take workshops and some of the new products out this season are mind boggling..And the creativity that goes into scrapping and card making is awesome..I just love it!!!
Anyway here are some more delicious items I bought..
Yes I just had to get some Tim Holtz alcohol dyes..I was only going to buy one set but got 3 lots..just couldn't help myself..I wanted to get the foam pads to use in conjunction with them but they had run out..so if any crafters out there could suggest an alternative..please leave a comment because I want to use them..and I know they are messy.

I had to buy some flower soft to try as I have seen so many pretty cards using it..so I thought I would give it a try too..

Here are some acetate sheets, double sided tape and this fab Memories Mist in Iridescent that one of the ladies at the show recommended..Just add it to any paper project and watch it transform.. Now for the stamps...


Aren't these so adorable..I wanted to buy some magnolia Tilda stamps but they had none, so I settled for these cuties..Mudpie and Amanda and Monica..I just love the detail on these House Mouse stamps from Stampabilities..
Here are some more clear stamps..a good mixture of sentiments and flowers

and these 3 in there own little plastic envelopes..I love the packaging because it gave a few good ideas..

And these are something I have been wanting for a while too..Stampscapes..They are brilliant stamps because you get to make the scene yourself..( a word of warning they were expensive), but I just had to have them. Now I can't wait to use these with the alcohol inks..
I also bought some 2 layer clear stamp swirls (not pictured) with 8 pieces, they claim to be a hot new trend in stamping, we'll see then..won't we!
Well I think that's about it..although I spent a little more than I should have, I really did have the best time especially with my sidekick (thankyou Maz for a wonderful creative day)
So if you get the chance, you have to go to a craft show because if you never ever go, you will never ever know....
Have a great night and see you next time with some interesting creations
Lynn xx
PS: Check out the links for some creative inspiration..Also you MUST check out the stampscape site for some fantastic video classes on how to put together a stampscape scene..You will love it!

1 comment:

Rae said...

Hi Lynn,
you bought a lot of varied products. I'm wondering if you can use make-up sponges (the wedge ones?) for the alcohol ink. I know the type of pads they typically use with that ink is different, tho.
What are your regular craft stores like where you live? Many of the items you purchased, we can get at the craft stores locally (not all, though). The items I buy at convention are the things I find I might have to get on the internet, because the local shops don't carry them. Like new cuttlebug folders, variety in brass embossing templates, etc. Last year I bought my "Clip it up" at convention. The stores here still don't sell it. One year I bought my "Wizard" die cutting machine. Again the stores here still do not sell it. OK, I guess I have taken up enough of your blog space, I'll be back. Thanks for sharing your purchases with us...