My Fantastic Followers:)

Saturday, July 11, 2009

KWerner - Use it, Sister Challenge.


Hi all,
Well I have to hand it to Kristina's unusual challenge of the week, it's interesting. I have so much outdated and junky (and for some reason find it hard to throw out) craft scrap, I have hidden away in a box on top of the cupboard. I chose 5 items of craft I have never used, or never intended to, until now.

Firstly, I chose the blue and dotty paper with stars, I got from a craft magazine, and added some mirrored cardstock (still in the wrapper). And there's the chipboard letter stubs (I like to call them), well I put them to good use and covered them with the same background paper. I rubbed them with sandpaper to give them a shabby chic appearance. Then I added a few wooden stars and painted them with pacific blue acrylic paint, and lastly used that horrid navy and silver ribbon (it didn't look so bad, after all) with the words - and the world will smile with you. So all in all, I was happy with the results.

I will definitely use the chip board stubs again, and maybe the ribbon for something, but the rest can go back to where they belong.... into the box :0)

No comments: