My Fantastic Followers:)

Friday, February 4, 2011

COG WHEELS, PENNIES AND CARDBOARD

HI EVERYONE,
In the last 24 hours here in Melbourne, we have had over 170ml of rain.. I have never seen anything like it before. The paddocks in the back of our house, soon became rivers as the rain pelted down...but today, lucky enough it has stopped. We were lucky as we didn't get flooded, only our backyard but others weren't so lucky :(
On a lighter note,  check these out....
I made a variety of these unusual looking pieces from the offcuts of cardboard...I hate to waste anything and after I saw Tracy's creations made from shrink plastic (and I don't know where to get any - so if anyone in AUS knows please let me know:)
I thought I could make these out of another medium.
So I hand cut them, apart from using a nesti for the center, inked them and then embossed them with two types of powders. While the embossing powder was hot I stamped on the circles to make them look like pennies...
So simple and they look great if I may say so myself (lol)
Hope you like them
Huggs
Lynn xxxxxxxxx




5 comments:

Priyanka said...

Hey Lynn what a grt idea.

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

These are adorable Lynn and great for male embellishments! As for shrink plastic, I get mine from http://www.crazycrafts.com.au/ in the bay (not sure if they are on line, but if not give them a ring and see if they will send you some), it's $1.95 for a A4 sheet and it comes in clear or white. If you can't find any closer to you or they won't post, give me a yell and I shall send you down some. Stay high and dry till then! (hugs)

Astrid Maclean said...

Cool, love this idea

PawwPadd said...

Hey Lynn, send me your mailing address and I'll send you some shrink plastic! I have soe in my stash! What are friends for??? send your info to:
pawwpadd@yahoo.com
my email. If you already have some since this post, just let me know.
see ya

Rae said...

These are great. Love them! Love the idea!