My Fantastic Followers:)

Friday, February 12, 2010

Come to My Masquerade at The Play Date Cafe

Hi Everyone,
Wooh! What a busy week that one was..I was so glad to finally get some "ME" time to get stuck into my crafting. And when I received an invitation (I never got the chance to say thank you) from THE PLAY DATE cafe , I was delighted to participate in their fantastic challenge..They really do have a  terrific site, (I don't know why I'd never seen it before), with loads of challenges for the creative crafter.
 And to top it off they have a DESIGN TEAM CALL happening right this moment, so you should pop along and check it out.

Who knows you could be the one!
  
And I just loved the color combo, I had so much fun creating this image in my head and finally making it 
into a card.
So without further ado, here is my card for the challenge
I chose a masquerade theme for my card..I used several techniques: stamping, embossing, distressing,  papertoling and several inking methods.
 
I added lace which I inked with brown stazon, applied shimmer to the masks, then added different coloured feathers and cute little embellishments. I also used dimensional paints which I dotted around the edges of  the masks. 
I couldn't resist adding my own little tokens and some aqua poles to finish it off.
Of course, the card wouldn't be complete without my invitation sentiment.
"Come to my Masquerade"
I hope you enjoy my card as much I enjoyed making it.
Until next time
Stay Creative! Lynn :) 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your card. I love the colors that you used. It looks really rich in colors!!
I wish you a great weekend.

Jessica Lynn
http://brentwoodjournals.blogspot.com/