My Fantastic Followers:)

Sunday, June 12, 2011

FIT FOR A QUEEN - BIRTHDAY WISHES

HI EVERYONE
I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend:) Tomorrow is the Queen's Birthday holiday here in Victoria, so it's a long weekend and no work!! YAY!!
 To honour Queen Elizabeth's birthday celebrations down under, I made this birthday card using Magnolia's Maid Marion Tilda stamp. 
In the corner of my card I made up a cute spray of flowers, (the large pink rose and turquoise flower I made) and added a gorgeous laced bow and ribbon.
For the background papers, I used  turquoise card-stock and a really pretty patterned paper from Kaisercraft (sorry forgot the name of it). I also used a Kaisercraft hearts punch for the border of the image and inside of card.
Here is close up of the card...I think the colours really blended together nicely.
Here is the corner flower spray...I added a large half pearl to the  turquoise flower and used stickles on the large rose. 
Remember the Walt Disney movie " Pinocchio", and the song 'When you wish upon a star', well I have had the song in my head for a couple of days and thought it would nice to use for my sentiment ( and I have credited Disney on the back of my card)
I used the baby oil and Derwent pencil technique to colour Tilda's clothing and the more I use this method the better I like it..The hair and skin tone was coloured by copics.
This is the inside of the card, keeping in the same theme as the front, although I don't know why I put holes around the sentiment..Ah well, too late now it's done. (lol)
 Now it's off to some challenges but before I do, there's only 1 day to go for my yummy blog candy give-away expires, so click HERE for the details
MAGNOLIA STAMP LOVERS - anything goes 
TOTALLY GORGEOUS - flower power 
ANYTHING WITH COLOUR & DERWENTS -anything but you have to use derwents
OLDIE BUT A GOODIE - lots of layers 
STAMP SOMETHING - something punched 
CRAFT YOUR PASSION - anything goes 
BEARLY MINE - anything goes
TRULY SCRUMPTIOUS - summer sparkle
PAPERTAKE WEEKLY - anything goes 
CRAFTS AND ME - stamp something
THE EMERALD FAERIE GARDEN CHALLENGE - lots of bling and DT call
BIZZY BECS - lace 
PAPER CREATIONS INK - ribbon or lace 
ICOPIC WEEKLY - brown hair
Well....I could go on forever but I won't, instead I am off to make a few more cards and creations since I don't have to get up early tomorrow  but I know I will...
Have a great week and see you again
Huggs
Lynn xxxxx








26 comments:

Crea Astrid said...

What a lovely card is this.
I love Magnolias.


Hugs Astrid.

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love your colouring.Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the Challenge. hugs Shirleyxx

Annmaree (Emu) said...

OH WOWWEE Really beautifully done!!!

I love your colouring of gorgeous princess tilda!

and love the sentiment and flowers, super pretty!!!

E.T said...

LOVE!

Dina said...

a beautifull card, thanks for joining us at DErwent

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful, love the colours. Thanks for playing at TG. (I have candy on my blog.) Marianne x

Sara said...

Wow... Your card is beautiful! I love the Tilda you colored superbly, your layout, and goodies that you have added just make it more beautiful! Thank You for joining us at Paper Creations Ink! Have a wonderful Sunday! Happy Creating! Sara

Tammy L said...

this is gorgeous! I love everything about it, especially all the little embellies and your color choices! Fabulous! Thanks for joining the Anything Goes challenge at Craft Your Passion this week
TAmmy GDT

Nicole said...

A very colorful card. Thank you for joining us at the Derwent-challengeblog....

angelwhispers said...

Beautiful colours Lynn and a great design! Chanelle xxx

DesignerDiva said...

Love your choice of colours and the flowers in the corner are stunning
Thanks for sharing it with us at Oldie But A Goodie and good luck with the challenge
Hugs Laurie x

craftymum said...

wonderful card Lynne. Your flower spray is gorgeous.
hugs Sarah x
p.s. if you are intereste I have 2 days left to win my Gorjuss Girl stamp blog candy

bettand said...

Beautiful card. Just love the colours. Thanks for playing at TG this week. Bettina

Deb Mitchell said...

Ohhh this is stunning- gorgeous work Hun! Thank you so much for playing along with us this fornight at The Emerald Faeries Garden!

Hugz Deb/ Owner

thescrapmaster said...

She is beautiful and your flowers are amazing! You totally rocked the iCopic challenge this week!
Hugs,
Samantha
iCopic DT Leader
www.thescrapmaster.com

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Lynne this is awesome, those wonderful flowers, the colours, design and Tilda look amazing.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Stephanie said...

Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers. Hope to see you again on 6/19 for our button challenge.

hugs,
Stephanie

Debra said...

A really fabulous card and those colour combinations work and look so pretty together, and a perfect sentiment to go with your gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along with Bizzy Bec's Challenge, xxx

chilli pip said...

This colour combo is really striking Lynn .
I also love you flower arrangements.
Take care and have a good Monday

Juls said...

just gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Very pretty! THanks for joining us at MSL! : )

Beth said...

Aww man...why don't we get her birthday off?! ;-) This is such a fun card, I love all the details and the bright colours! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious Challenge!

Love Beth xx

vicmbee said...

beautiful love the lace bow.. thanks for joining in the Emerald Faerie challenge.. Vicki xxx

gina g said...

Beautiful card i love the colours and beautiful flowers. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

Paper Creations Ink said...

What a lovely card All things Paper, Create...Learn....Share

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at BMD......

Hugs
Judith