My Fantastic Followers:)

Saturday, June 19, 2010

ALL THINGS JAPANESE..

KON'NICHIWA!
I absolutely love anything Japanese..(even though I have never been there).. I love their lifestyle, their art, interesting food and the Geisha! I have always been fascinated by Geisha women and their traditional dress and makeup. The colours are always so striking and breathtaking.  So I couldn't miss out in making a card for SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS   
Japanese challenge..and if you missed out on seeing my other Japanese card that matched my red room click here so you can view it...
This card is more of an artsy type although I stamped the background with some Japanese stamps I had in my stash, used a black and white image and then coloured parts of her clothing with BG49 AND BO6 copic markers to give a striking effect. I also used a fan I bought from a Japanese shop and coloured parts of with a black copic marker. I also used dimensional magic for the flowers and her dress.
Well I hope you like it and as always thanks so much for visiting me!
SAYOUNARA :)


13 comments:

Teri said...

Loving this card hun. A simple and classic look, with lovely colour combo.
Thanks for sharing at The Sisterhood this week.
Hugs,
Teri x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW this is fabulous!! Very striking colors and layout! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ... we do hope you'll come back again!

Lisa B said...

You did a fabulous job with the challenge! Your card is gorgeous...the coloring is amazing. I am jealous since I stink at that!!
Thanks for playing along with us over at the Sisterhood this week!

Micki said...

Oh wow! What a beautiful, classic card. I absolutely love it!!!!!!

Simply fab!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Sisterhood.

Juls said...

wow this is just stunning! Hugs Juls

Kim said...

Dazzling image! I love what you did with this week's challenge!
Thanks for playing at the Sisterhood this week!
blessings,
Kim xXx

Chance said...

Hi Lynn, (It's Rae from USA on my sons computer) I wanted to let you know I received your wonderful package. Thank you so very much! Everything is beautiful! Love the fabric, butterfies and buttons!
So many things are going on with me right now, but I will send you a proper thank you as soon as I am able. My computer is still down and now I can't even get on the internet on my old one or this would be an email. Please forgive me for using this forum for this message. What a surprise to get your beautiful card also! That was an unexpected treat!
I LOVE this Japanese card! The style and the colors are wonderful! hugs!!! Rae

Lynn said...

Hi Rae,
If you are reading this I am so glad you liked the blog candy you really did deserve it..I do hope everything will be ok because me and my bloggers miss you! Anyway take care and will see you back on the net soon :) huggs Lynn xx

Larisa said...

NIce card Lynn!!! The Orintal theme is always so beautiful!

Judie said...

Lynn,thanks for your nice comment on my Geisha card, and thanks for becoming a follower of my blog.
I love your creativity on the Japanese challenge, wonderful work.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh this is stunning I love the Oriental theme and that image is stunning loving the stamped Japanese words and that fan gorgeous work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

The twins mum said...

Hi Lynn, Grogeous card and the colours are just beautiful
Maree
x

Annmaree said...

This is incredibly beautiful!

You should be so proud, this is so elegant and gorgeous!